- Transfer & Release
- Electrical Insulation
- Flexo & Offset
- Differentiated Industrial Applications
Coveme's commitment to a sustainable future is reflected in the numerous environmental and social activities carried out by the company. Within the production processes particular attention is paid to central issues such as: sustainable and ecological products, carbon footprint and EOL (study of the life cycle and recycling of the product). Educational programmes, sports sponsorships and donations to charities both nationally and internationally complete the picture of the company's lasting social commitment.
Coveme is ISO 14001: 2015 certified for environmental management, testimony of Coveme willing and capacity to contribute to a sustainable growth model that focuses on the environment. In 2021 Coveme also received the silver medal of the Ecovadis certification, a platform that evaluates the sustainability performance of companies, placing the compnay among 10% of the best companies in its sector.
GREEN PRODUCTS AND CIRCULAR ECONOMY
Coveme is working in partnership with customers and suppliers to offer the market eco-friendly products and to contribute to a circular economy and "Life Cycle Assessment (LCA)" process:
- GREEN PRODUCTS: a range of products based on polyester film with coatings free of chromium, formaldehyde and phthalates free coatings. The coating technology developed by Coveme features an innovative solvent-free curing system for an eco-friendly production process and coated end product.
- RECYCLED PRODUCTS: in collaboration with its suppliers Coveme has developed a revolutionary range of products based on polyester film composed of 70% recycled polyester (rPET), with the aim of reaching a 100% rPet content. This rPET has the same mechanical and chemical, shrinkage and transparency properties as virgin PET, and therefore the final product features the same characteristics and guaranteed performance as Coveme's standard products.
- CIRCULAR ECONOMY: in partnership with its suppliers and industry partners Coveme is creating a closed loop recycling scheme to recover its own and its customers' waste, then recycle it through Monomer recycling, with the possibility of upcycling, in order to finally convert it back into polyester film (rPET) as a raw material for Coveme products.
- LCA: in cooperation with commercial partners, scientific and governmental bodies Coveme is supporting and promoting the themes of “Life Cycle Assessment” (LCA) and “End of life (EOL)” through publications, dedicated workgroups and research projects.
SUSTAINABILITY MEASURES TAKEN WITHIN THE PRODUCTION PLANT
- We differentiate and recycle almost 50% of the waste from the production activity in both plants.
- Both in the Gorizia plant and in the Bologna headquarters we produce renewable energy for self-consumption thanks to installed solar panels. In Bologna this covers 100% of our energy need.
- We have a system for the collection and treatment of harmful fumes coming out of the production converting them into 100% clean emissions with zero pollution for the environment.
- We are equipped with treatment system for water coming from the industrial processes which is stored in special silos and then disposed of by specialized and authorized companies.
- Coveme's post-combustion systems are designed to make part of an autothermal process reducing methane gas consumption to zero.
- A regenerative thermo oxidizer has been installed in our Chinese production site. This virtuous system captures the heat from the exhaust gases, converts the solvent into carbon dioxide and water and generates a recovery of thermal energy
- Both production sites have special systems installed to treat solvents used in production. 75% of the solvents are regenerated to be reused in production and 25% of these are disposed of.
ECO-SUSTAINABLE MEASURES TAKEN IN THE COMPANY
- We differentiate and recycle almost 90% of office waste both in Italy and in China.
- Recovery and reuse of packaging, encaps and cores, which are collected from our customers and reused in future supplies.
- We have replaced all disposable consumables with recycled and recyclable materials (paper or wood) or with reusable materials (glass).
- In our exhibition stands we decided to employ reusable and reciclable modular systems.This means a reduction to almost zero of single use materials in our tradeshow presences.
- All Coveme staff is given a thermal bottle to encourage the use of filtered water and not in plastic bottles.
- To balance the carbon footprint on the occasion of the opening of the Chinese Coveme plant, the company participated in the "Million tree project".
Coveme contributes with regular donations to help various charities and voluntary organizations, both within Africa and Italy area.
- Save the Children: an international NGO that operates in 125 countries and works to promote and protect the rights of children and teenagers. In particular, in 2022 Coveme has contributed to opening a new surface well in Uganda and providing clean water to the local community.
- James non morirà: Italian foundation active in Ethiopia since 2002 and with the aim to help orphaned children, children in difficult situations. as well as poor and marginalized women. Each year Coveme is involved in specific projects according to the needs present in the village of Adwa in Ethiopia. In particular, in 2022 Coveme's contribution will be destined for medical assistance and pediatric surgery within the Adwa emergency center.
IN ITALY OUR ASSISTANCE GOES TO:
- Lilt: Italian League for Cancer Research.
- Maternal Aid Luisa Valentini: Onlus operating in the Faenza area that assists families with small children.
- Dishub: Bologna non-profit organization located within the hospital “Ospedale Maggiore” in the neonatology and pediatric departments that looks after disabled children and their families.
FOR SPORT OUR CONTRIBUTION GOES TO:
- Daniele Lupo: since 2019 Coveme is supporting and sponsoring the Italian athlete Daniele Lupo, a professional Beach Volleyball player and silver medal winner at the Rio Olympics.
- TELETHON Cormons: Coveme participated with its team in the non-competitive Telethon Cormons race in favor of rare genetic diseases.
- To the Juventina amateur sports association, S Andrea di Gorizia football team.
FOR EDUCATIONAL OUR CONTRIBUTION GOES TO:
- “La Città dei Ragazzi” of Mola di Bari: Coveme, starting from 2020, participates in the youth support of children and children who suffer from both moral and educational poverty to help with education and constructive inputs to give them future prospects for change.
- To the association Skultura 2001: since 2016 Coveme contributes to the spreading of local culture and specialties by supporting the educational institutions present in Gorizia.
- To the S Andrea kindergarten and primary school: since 2000 Coveme contributes to enrich the learning equipment by improving the school's educational offer.